There might come a time in your life when you must decide as to whether you should opt for home nursing care for elderly loved one or for an old age home.
We outline the benefits of home nursing care for the elderly:
- The Elderly are more comfortable in their own homes. This is because of the familiar surroundings and the attachments they have to them.
- Even in cases of advanced dementia where communication is not oral, the presence of a loved family member makes a lot of difference.
- In a home care setting, the relationship between the caretaker and the senior can be one on one. And a family member can customise and supervise the care.
- Seniors can remain active and independent. This is because they would have many activities that they are familiar with.
- Extended family members’ visits, events, the food they enjoy, celebrations, children, pets can all be sources of joy for elders.
- In-home care is economical as compared to an old-age home admission.
Home care may not be feasible in some cases when:
- the elderly need 24/7 medical attention and specialised supervision of doctors.
- there is no family member to supervise the care.
- the relation between the elder and the family is irrevocably strained. And staying together is causing more stress than staying away from each other.
You can know more about home nursing care for the elderly here